Last Updated on: 26th August 2021, 07:43 am
“You don’t realize what you have until you move”
Every successful move is the fruit of hard work, and this applies to every field in the industry. Intuition alone is not enough to complete a move that people will love. You also need to do your research, thinking, planning, differentiating yourself, and more. Through many years of experience, we have honed our skills and continue to grow.
- Communication is key! Always stay in touch with us in regards to any changes or questions you have. You can never ask too many questions and it is our responsibility to educate you on the moving process.
- It is a great time to get rid of things you have been holding on to which have lived past their prime. The old saying, “You don’t realize what you have until you move” is so true. Ridding yourselves of unwanted items will save you on how much time it will take to move you, therefore saving you money.
- When packing your own boxes, use lots of packing paper. Pad and pad more!!! Every vase, plate or bowl should be padded. No item should ever touch another item. Friction and jolts on the truck will break unpadded items.
- All boxes must have lids or tops on them. Without a lid or top on the box, items can be damaged. Also, we cannot effectively stack boxes that don’t have lids or tops, all of which takes up more space on the trucks.
- Label all boxes on the top right(Front) corner with three things: The room, the box’s contents. And if the box is fragile, mark it ‘FRAGILE’.
- You will have enough on your plate without having to worry about cleaning your old home. We offer a cleaning/debris removal service to clean out your former home. We provide all the cleaning supplies and labor used for kitchens, baths, carpets, floors, etc. A reduced rate is offered to our moving clients. Let us know ahead of time if this is something you would like us to take care of for you.
- We will be happy to remove any unwanted items such as trash or Goodwill items to be donated. Trips to the city dump, recycle center or Goodwill can be factored into your move.
- Many clients ask about tipping the guys. Tipping is customary, but not mandatory. If the guys do a great job you are welcome to show your appreciation.
- Lastly, be as organized as possible before moving day. Have all boxes packed and labeled; all valuables already transported or secured; dishwasher, washer, dryer and refrigerator emptied; keys to both houses located and animals locked up or already transported.